Monday, July 17, 2017

YOU GUYS

So guess what.

I'm 22 weeks into this pregnancy. I don't feel nauseated anymore, which is GREAT.

But I'm freaking exhausted.

And it's even more exhausting thinking about how I won't be not-exhausted for at least 12 more months.

I'm exhausted thinking about it.

How does anyone ever do this with 10 kids?

I don't even hardly work. Anyone that says my work is still hard as a stay-at-home mom, let me assure you, I'm not working that hard. The other ones probably are. Not me. I'm exhausted.

Yes, I'm taking my vitamins and making attempts at eating a nutritious diet, trying to shove iron in there too. I've had enough blood work done the last 2 months that if something was wrong it should have come up anyway. (Normal pregnancy blood work + thyroid test for heart palpitations - also normal, nothing wrong)

I walked into sacrament yesterday and the sister handing out programs told me it looked like I was still sleeping.

I thanked her.

I have maybe 3 hours each day where I don't feel like I could fall asleep at any second.

Anyway.

In other news, I had an epiphany the other day.

We only have 4 months until this baby gets here, and about 12 months until an anticipated cross-country move (though we really have no idea where we'll be in a year), so we've (mostly I've) been putting up a Washington D.C. bucket list.

A week or so ago I realized that I want to go see a performance at the Kennedy Center. Even though that was never remotely on my list.

So I checked out the website, and (to me) the only upcoming performance of any worth starts this weekend! The King and I runs this month and next, so I just got tickets for Caleb and myself to go to a matinee performance next weekend! Woot! Super excited over here.

Now my excitement has run its course and I must go rest. ;)

4 comments:

La Gringa said...

yay that performance will be super fun! i think you're lit.

Alyson said...

This made me lol! So relatable. I know a lot of women who handle pregnancy like a champ. They love it, their skin gets clear, they have tons of energy... blah blah. But me, I am like grass without water. I have no energy, I can hardly move, I hate every moment of it because I don't feel like myself. Maybe it runs in the family. The good news is that as soon as that baby pops out, BAM! Suddenly you feel tired, but with more energy. Lol

Alyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Red Writing Hood said...

Sounds like you are having tons of adventures. I wish i had advice on the exhaustion, i got nothing. By that time i was probably a pro at ignoring my needs. I'm sorry. But so excited for the performance!