Saturday, June 4, 2016

Such a Good Deal

Ok, I get it - couponing is not really that exciting. But it excites me!

I was at Walmart yesterday, doing a really big stock-up grocery trip. I have really only been purchasing to get by the last month or so.

I was in the hair care aisle, with my Ibotta app open and looking at some Dove Shampoo. The fancy regenerative stuff, which was $4.98 each, had a $1 off coupon for the shampoo and another for the conditioner. I wasn't planning on using it. But then one shampoo had a buy one get one free coupon attached to it. !! Woohoo!

So, I paid $4.98 for both in-store, then got $2 back in the app. Then I opened the SavingStar app and decided to try using their $3 off for 2 Dove products. I didn't think they'd approve it, but figured I'd give it a try.

And they approved it!

So other than tax (which I don't know off the top of my head), I got paid $.02 to purchase fancy Dove shampoo. So I probably paid around .30-.50 overall.

Score.

1 comment:

D said...

That's freaking awesome!