Monday, September 17, 2012

Top Ten Reasons to be a Statistician

I pulled these from a statistic jokes web page.  For your enjoyment:

1.  Estimating parameters is easier than dealing with real life.

2.  Statisticians are significant.

3.  I always wanted to learn the entire Greek alphabet.

4.  The probability that a statistician major will get a job is >.9999*

5.  If I flunk out I can always transfer to engineering.

6.  We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution.

7.  You never have to be right - only close.

8.  We're normal and everyone else is skewed.

9.  The regression line looks better than the unemployment line.

10.  No one knows what the heck we do, so we are always right.

Well there you have it!

*as long as you reside outside of Cache Valley, or any other small, tiny town.

1 comment:

whiting family said...

I like #7.
Story of my life.